Here are the top headlines from Fox News Flash. See what people are clicking on FoxNews.com.
NEW Fox News articles can now be heard on audio! In Tennessee, two men intervened to save the residents of their neighbors’ house when a kitchen fire trapped two individuals in the second floor.
On Thursday, smoke was noticed billowing from the Chattanooga house. Several inhabitants had already left on their own, but two were still inside.
When neighbor Fernando Rivera saw the fire on his way home from work and hurried to aid, the owner of the house and his daughter’s best friend were still inside.
Two persons were trapped in the second story of a burning house in Tennessee before nearby residents were able to rescue them. Department of Fire in Chattanooga
Rivera persuaded the young woman to jump into his arms after spotting the friend via an upstairs window.
The man was then able to jump from the window without getting wounded thanks to Rivera and another neighbor, Sam Triplett, who had pushed a trampoline on the property toward the house.
Sam Triplett, the fire chief, is in the middle, with Fernando Rivera on the left (right). Department of Fire in Chattanooga
Shortly after 911 was informed of the incident, firefighters arrived. They had seen flames on the side of the home and strong black smoke coming through the roof. Within 20 minutes, the fire was put out.
The fire did not result in any injuries.
For rescuing numerous persons who were trapped in the burning house, Fernando Rivera and Sam Triplett received recognition. Department of Fire in Chattanooga
Rivera and Triplett received Citizen Commendation Awards from the Chattanooga Fire Department for their rescue efforts.
The Chattanooga Fire Department posted on Facebook that “Fire Chief Phil Hyman handed them Citizen Commendation Awards for their courageous acts and personally praised them for going above and beyond in an emergency scenario.”